[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users Digest, Vol 72, Issue 21 (dssp FATAL ERROR)

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 6 13:06:05 CEST 2010

vivek modi wrote:

Please take note of this message:

>     When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>     than "Re: Contents of gmx-users digest..."

As well, remove all the text that isn't pertinent to your message so archiving
doesn't get messed up.

<snip>

>     vivek modi wrote:
>      > hi,
>      >
>      > Although this is already discussed in the mailing list but none
>     of the
>      > solutions mentioned helped me.
>      >
>      > I am using Gromacs-4.0.5. I downloaded dssp
>      > from http://swift.cmbi.ru.nl/gv/dssp/HTML/dsspcmbi
>      > Then I copy this to /usr/local/bin & chmod to executable.
>      > But when I run the program do_dssp it gives the following error:
>      >
>      >
>      > Program do_dssp_4, VERSION 4.0.5
>      > Source code file: do_dssp.c, line: 471
>      >
>      > Fatal error:
>      > Failed to execute command: /usr/local/bin/dssp -na ddXnSQTc
>     ddgMjECf >
>      > /dev/null 2> /dev/null
>      >
>      > Any help is appreciated.
>      >

>     Did you re-name the executable?  Have you set the DSSP environment
>     variable
>     properly?
>
>     -Justin
>

> Yes. I have done both the things.
>

> Vivek.

What is the exact do_dssp command you are giving?  It looks like the actual dssp
executable is being redirected twice somehow.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee