[gmx-users] Visualization of .trr problem in VMD

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 6 14:33:56 CEST 2010

In the future, please start a new thread if you're moving on to a new topic.

The Berendsen algorithm does not sample from any known statistical mechanical
ensemble.  The kinetic energy itself is calculated correctly, but the
distribution of these values is not related to any rigorous ensemble.  If you're
concerned about the legitimacy of using Berendsen, then go ahead and use a more
reliable method like Nose-Hoover.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate