[gmx-users] Fwd: help

Sepideh Soltani sepideh.soltani at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 06:22:36 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sepideh Soltani <sepideh.soltani at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Subject: help
To: gmx-users-request at gromacs.org

Hi all,

I am running with gromacs 4.0.5. I am trying to do gromacs tutorial for
drug-enzyme complex. I did this tutorial step by step but when I used the
grompp step befor the energy minimization
"grompp -f em.mdp -c trp_b4em.gro -p trp.top -o trp_em.tpr"
I found the following error:

The PRODRG server generates topologies for the gmx force field (ffgmx;
deprecated!). You most likely want to have a topology compliant with the
Gromos96 force fields (e.g. ffG43a2). For this you need to use the beta
version of the PRODRG server.
and
finally  I used Beta version of the PRODRG and used DRGAPH.GRO instead
of DRGFIN.GRO becase I had another problem:
Program grompp, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: grompp.c, line: 362

Fatal error:
number of coordinates in coordinate file (trp_b4ion.gro, 14622)
             does not match topology (trp.top, 14612)
But now when again I used the grompp step befor the energy
minimization ("grompp -f em.mdp -c trp_b4em.gro -p trp.top -o trp_em.tpr" )
I have this problem:
Program grompp, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: toppush.c, line: 1006

Fatal error:
moleculetype CU1+ is redefined
Now I don't know Is this change correct? If yes, How can I solve this
new problem.
If not How can I solve previous  problem.

Thank you for your help,

Hanna