[gmx-users] Finishing time donot showing

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 20 20:34:01 CEST 2010

Bharath.K. Chakravarthi wrote:
> that means generating a trajectory file for every 10 steps rite
> then i may need  more disk space

The nstlist parameter has nothing to do with trajectory output.  It is the
frequency with which the neighborlist is updated.  Setting this value too high
can (and will!) result in missed short-range interactions and artefacts in the
results.  Consult the primary literature for whatever force field you're using
for an appropriate setting (generally 5-10 in conjunction with a 2-fs timestep,
such that the neighborlist is re-generated every 10-20 fs).

-Justin

> [...]
>>

>>                     is there any changes that i should do while giving
>>                     the command and
>>                     can i continue with this warning.....
>>                     Which exact command did you use?
>>

>>                     --
>>                     Bharath.K
>>                     Ph-9535629260
>>                     --
>>                     Please search the archive at
>>                     http://www.gromacs.org/search before
>>                     posting!
>>                     Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the
>>                     list. Use thewww
>>                     interface or send it to
>>                     gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>>                     <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>.
>>                     Can't post? Read
>>                     http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php
>>
>>                     --
>>                     Please search the archive at
>>                     http://www.gromacs.org/search before
>>                     posting!
>>                     Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the
>>                     list. Use thewww
>>                     interface or send it to
>>                     gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>>                     <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>.
>>                     Can't post? Read
>>                     http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php
>>

>>                     --
>>                     Bharath.K.Chakravarthi
>>                     Ph:9535629260
>>                     --
>>                     Please search the archive at
>>                     http://www.gromacs.org/search before
>>                     posting!
>>                     Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the
>>                     list. Use the
>>                     www interface or send it to
>>                     gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>>                     <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>.
>>                     Can't post? Read
>>                     http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php
>>

>>         --
>>         ========================================
>>
>>         Justin A. Lemkul
>>         Ph.D. Candidate
>>         ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
>>         MILES-IGERT Trainee
>>         Department of Biochemistry
>>         Virginia Tech
>>         Blacksburg, VA
>>         jalemkul[at]vt.edu <http://vt.edu> | (540) 231-9080
>>         http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin

>>         before posting!
>>         Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>>         www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>.
>>         Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php
>>

>>     --
>>     Bharath.K.Chakravarthi
>>     Ph:9535629260
>>     --
>>     posting!
>>     Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>>     www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>>     <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>.
>>     Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php
>

>     --
>     posting!
>     Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee