[gmx-users] Finishing time donot showing

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 20:35:31 CEST 2010

Hi Bharath,

It means updating the neighbor lists every 10 steps. You might want to
check the manual on those options. Also, you're writing full precision
coordinates and velocities very often, and you're writing coordinates
to the .xtc file as often as to the .trr file, which is redundant
anyhow. You might want to spend a few moments of thought on your
intention with the results, and use that to choose those settings
optimally. There aren't too many purposes for having such a high
resolution for all of the system for a long time. It might well be
sufficient to have nstxout and nstvout set to something corresponding
to every ns, and have the nstxtcout set to something that will yield a
few thousand frames. But it depends on the purpose of course. That's
one of the critical moments in setting up your simulations.

Cheers,

Tsjerk