[gmx-users] grompp error(Segmentation fault)

Arik Cohen acohen at biochem.duke.edu
Sun Apr 25 02:23:11 CEST 2010

Thanks again for the ultrafast response.

1. The extra '.' is a typo. (I apologize for that). In the command the
file name appears as 1bgq_Complex_b4ion.tpr
     in addition, Both the single precision and double
precision(grompp_d) gives this error.
     The compilation was done with gcc-4.4.3 with and without the option
of --disable-float for the double and single precision version
respectively.

2a. This is the first call to grompp

b. The following programs such as pdb2gmx_d, editconf_d and genbox are
working properly.

c.grompp/_d -h  is working , giving a description on the program with
the different options available.

3. With regards of running grompp with different forcefield

*Apparently the problem is with the l-bfgs option in the em.mdp file.
This is due to the fact that when changing the integrator option to
steep, the program runs fine *

I'm sorry but I just saw this now.

The  l-bfgs integrator was chosen since I need to do normal mode analysis

Thanks a lot

Arik