[gmx-users] Re: how many dihedral angles should be included for the naphthalene molecule if I use oplsaa

Alan alanwilter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 12:52:42 CEST 2010

I second Justin here, for Amber FF (which share essentially the same
topology but with different parameters with OPLS/AA), the impropers
dihedrals seems to be enough as for TRP.

Just a side note, using ACPYPE (which uses antechamber in the core) to
generate topologies for molecules like TRP, 6 extra impr. dihedrals are
added, but clearly not necessary.

You may want to try ACPYPE as I believe antechamber does a really good job
getting the topology (even if in excess of imp. dih as for TRP and probably
for napthalene), and of course check the literature as suggested by Justin.

Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.