[gmx-users] simulated annealing (SA)

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Apr 28 13:26:51 CEST 2010

shahab shariati wrote:
> Hi gromacs users
>

> about SA simulation, I saw in some papers that annealing _time is very
> short. fpr example [The temperature was increased from 0 to 600 K over
> the first 4 ps, held at 600 K for 2 ps, and then slowly cooled to 0 K
> over 14 ps in simulation of protein-dna]. Is there limitation in
> election of annealing _time? what is optimum value for annealing _time?

The time necessary will depend on the size of the system and the degree to which
temperature affects it.  You may have to play around a bit to determine what is
reasonable for your system, and if whatever you're doing accomplishes whatever
goal you have for the SA procedure.

-Justin

>  Any help will highly appreciated!

Justin A. Lemkul