[gmx-users] comm-grps problem gromacs 4.0.4

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Apr 29 15:07:42 CEST 2010

Oliver Grant wrote:
> Thanks for the help,
>
> With center of mass removal option I thought my sugar would stay in the
> center of the box. It does in the first simulation I ran however what I
> mean by diffuse is that it leaves the box on one side and enters from
> the other. There is nothing physically wrong with this but I'd like the
> center of mass removal to keep the sugar in the center.

This is just a simple matter of periodic boundary conditions:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Periodic_Boundary_Conditions

You can post-process the trajectory with, i.e. trjconv -center to keep the sugar
in the center of the box, but this is really only useful for visualization purposes.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar