[gmx-users] Conformational sampling

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Fri Aug 6 18:24:15 CEST 2010

Nisha,

The approach is dictated by the goal. What do you want from this? and
why are you doing it? e.g. if you want to test the FF, then it is a
good idea to at least include US as a part of your strategy; if you
want to determine if 100 ns of equilibrium sampling is sufficient to
converge all torsions, then obviously you should not be doing US. In
any event, would start by running some equilbrium simulations and
analyzing the torsions with g_rama, g_chi, g_dih, etc. Be sure to read
through the -h output of each program as there are some nuances.

Chris.