[gmx-users] NaCl

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 16 22:43:48 CEST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: nishap.patel at utoronto.ca
Date: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 3:56
Subject: [gmx-users] NaCl
To: gmx-users at gromacs.org

> Hello,
>
>     I want to simulate a simple NaCl ion in

Well, technically not an ion. I reckon that even given Moore's Law will continue to hold, it will be infeasible for at least the next thousand years for you to simulate a large enough water box that the dissociation equilibrium of NaCl will actually have a single NaCl molecule present. :-) Thus even if you succeed in finding reasonable parameters, I can't see how your simulation could mean anything.

Yes, but that's a non-trivial process. See http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Parameterization