[gmx-users] carbohydrate parameters in ffG53a6

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Aug 18 18:45:15 CEST 2010

Jianhui Tian wrote:
> Hi Parichita,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. However, the question is what parameters from
> ffG53a6 can be used for not included sugars or glycolipid. I guess you
> can not simply use the charge, angle and dihedral values based on the
> atom types from 53a6.

Gromos building blocks are quite transferable between different molecules.
Compare a few sugars - the parameters are nearly identical.  That is one of the
central features of this particular force field, that functional group charges
should be as versatile as possible.

As for the lipids, there are new versions of 53A6 (which I believe have been
uploaded to the Gromacs site) that perform substantially better than the
built-in parameters.  The long acyl chains are not particularly accurate in the
default 53A6.

-Justin

> Jianhui
>
> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:18:49 +0530 (IST)
> From: parichita parichita <parichitamajumdar at yahoo.co.in
> <mailto:parichitamajumdar at yahoo.co.in>
>  >
> Subject: Re: [gmx-users] carbohydrate parameters in ffG53a6
> To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org
> <mailto:gmx-users at gromacs.org>>
>
> Hi Jianhui,
>  For your sugar part you can use PRODRG, which will convert coordinates
> for small molecules in PDB format (or simple text structures) to the
> following topology formats: GROMOS, GROMACS and  from literature if you
> can find out the parameters of ffG53a6 force field,  then you can
> correct the charge, angle and dihedral values that you are collected
> from the PRODRG. Hope this will help you.
> Regards...
> Parichita...........
>

> Parichita Mazumder
> Research Fellow
> C/O Dr. Chaitali Mukhopadhayay
> Department of Chemistry
> University of Calcutta
> 92,A P C Road
> Kolkata-700009
> India.
>
> --- On Wed, 18/8/10, Jianhui Tian <jianhuitian at gmail.com
> <mailto:jianhuitian at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> From: Jianhui Tian <jianhuitian at gmail.com <mailto:jianhuitian at gmail.com>>
> Subject: [gmx-users] carbohydrate parameters in ffG53a6
> To: gmx-users at gromacs.org <mailto:gmx-users at gromacs.org>
> Date: Wednesday, 18 August, 2010, 10:16 AM
>

> Hi,
>
> I want to do some simulations about carbohydrates and glycolipid. In the
> ffG53a6.rtp file, I just see limited parameters for carbohydrate, like
> monosaccharide Glucose, Mannose and Galactose. What parameters can be
> used for others like arabinose? Also, is there any parameters available
> in the Gromacs force field for glycolipid?
>
> Jianhui

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar