[gmx-users] force constants for umbrellla histograms

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Fri Aug 20 21:55:40 CEST 2010

The most important is that you have to put in trajectories that
are equilibrated! You can mix as much force constant values
you like but always equilibrated ...

Then the lower the force constant the longer the simulation needs
to be to reach equilibrium: larger conformational space accessible.
I can also imagine that a too strong force constant might deform
your molecules in a manner you should not.