[gmx-users] pbc atom

Gavin Melaugh gmelaugh01 at qub.ac.uk
Wed Aug 25 16:22:59 CEST 2010

Dear Chris and Justin

I ran a simulation for two water molecules (100 ns). It only took 5
minutes. Firstly I ran the simulation with ref distance 2.35 nm, genvel
=yes, and gen temp =600 (using Nose Hoover). This produced a histogram
with one main peak. I then took the final configuration from that
simulation and ran the simulation again for the exact same duration and
parameters etc, with the only exception that I set gen_vel = no. The
resulting histogram did indeed have two main peaks. I am now currently
running the simulation of my two cage molecules using berensden
thermostat to see if there is a difference.

Many Thanks

Gavin