[gmx-users] pbc atom

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Thu Aug 26 16:00:20 CEST 2010

Gavin, I recall mentioning gen_vel=no with temperature coupling as a
possible problem a while ago (the problem is that the initial forces
become initial velocities and then those get scaled up and what you
have are velocities and not temperatures -- read about the flying ice
cube problem). Do you have any idea why it would only cause you
problems at a distance of greater than 2 nm?

Also, Justin seemed to intuit this was a thermostat. I suspect that if
you switch to the sd integrator things will all be ok. I don't really
do anything in vacuum so it was harder to pick this up.

If you're tied to your md/NH settings, then you probably need to
reduce the timestep -- but you will probaby run into problem
eventually here too so I don't advise it.

Chris.