[gmx-users] Re: Re: Flat energy profile in g_wha

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Aug 30 19:10:40 CEST 2010

alexander yakovenko wrote:
>   Sorry for poor explanations.
> My histogram is here http://picasawe b.google.ca/117 558205101329348
> 732/G_wham#5511 244561053627250
> <http://picasaweb.google.ca/117558205101329348732/G_wham#5511244561053627250>
> it was 12 ns per window run.

Looks to me like your windows overlap too much - there is complete redundancy in
many of them, such that it looks like several of your windows are completely
unnecessary.  See the example histogram in the PMF tutorial for a more "normal"
histogram.

-Justin

> Regards,
> Alex.
>

>     alexander yakovenko wrote:
>      > Hi Justin!
>      > Thank you for replay. My histogram (can send if required)
>     consists of 13
>      > windows (0.1 and 0.2nm sampling) and look like two peaks (with
>      > amplitudes 3-4e+2) separated with a valley of 1.2-1.5e+2 (my
>     protein has
>      > two sub-domains so should be OK) and smallest overlap between
>     windows is
>
>     I don't understand this description. How can 13 windows produce only
>     two peaks?

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar