[gmx-users] Distance from heavy atom to Methyl Vsite

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 10:22:19 CEST 2010

Hi,

The distance component along the O-C bond is the distance between O and the COM of CH3.
The distance component perpendicular to the O-C bond is such that the intertia (sum m r^2)
of the two masses matches that of the 3 H's.

I can mail you an awk script that automatically determines this from the ff itp files.

PS we should automate this in Gromacs, just like the "constraints" mdp option.

Berk