[gmx-users] Problems with GPU-Version and implicit water models

Christian Mücksch muecksch at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue Aug 31 12:53:13 CEST 2010

  Dear all,

I am using Gromacs-4.5-beta4 and compiled the GPU-Version. So far only
Amber-FF are working in the GPU-version. When I want to use the GBSA
implicit water-model I have to use cut-off for the electrostatic
interactions due to this error-message:

ERROR 1 [file PR.mdp]:
   With GBSA, coulombtype must be equal to Cut-off

Now, my problem is that the GPU-version does not accept cut-off for the
electrostatic interactions since only options like Reaction-Field,
Ewald,  PME and No-cutoff are supported so I get the following error:

Program mdrun-gpu_beta, VERSION 4.5-beta4
Source code file: ../gromacs-4.5-beta4/src/kernel/openmm_wrapper.cpp,
line: 1038

Fatal error:
Internal error: you should not see this message, it means that
theelectrosatics option check failed. Please report this error!

Will there be an update allowing to use implicit-water with
reaction-field on the GPU? Will it be possible to use other ff like
OPLSAA on the GPU?

Kind regards,
Christian Muecksch