[gmx-users] C6 attractive term off OPLSAA

nishap.patel at utoronto.ca nishap.patel at utoronto.ca
Wed Dec 1 16:19:27 CET 2010

I ran the simulation using a different force field ffG53a6. I modified
the ffG53a6nb.itp file by changing the term C6 to zero for nonbonded
parameters, but this time for urea in water. The simulation ran fine
without any warning or exploding. I don't understand why it would work
with one force-field and not with OPLS-AA.

Also using mdrun -rerun, I would basically use the nb.itp file with
nonbonded parameters as mentioned earlier and everything else is the
same i.e. my .mdp parameters and do another run using my previous
trajectory file? I tried to look through some of the posts for using
-rerun but I don't understand how that would not still blow up the
system. I would like to give it a try for sure but I am not quite sure
how I would use the command as such.

I really appreciate the help.

Thanks.