[gmx-users] Re: individual lateral diffusion coefficients

Javier Cerezo jcb1 at um.es
Fri Dec 3 00:42:40 CET 2010

Hi.

I think that these arguments are given for short-time diffusion (D1).
But at larger times all MSD curves reach the same slope, so all of them
have the same brownian diffusion (D2).

Then, I wonder if taking all the atoms, which means more points to
average, will results in better statistics and thus better results (even
for not such a long times). Does it make sense or am I overseeing
fundamental physical meaning?

Thanks

Javier

--