[gmx-users] Which .tpr file to use for g_rms?

Anirban Ghosh reach.anirban.ghosh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 15:03:06 CET 2010

Hi ALL,

Its a very basic question but still...
When we calculate RMSD (or any other parameter) using the g_rms command, we
need to supply the .tpr file with -s option. Now suppose if I have a total
20 ns simulation with 4 breaks (i.e 5 ns in each run), then there will be 4
.tpr files. So at the end of 20 ns if I wish to calculate RMSD, then which
.tpr file should I suppy to g_rms, the first one or the last one? We I run
g_rms with the two .tpr files, I get different results. So which one should
be used? Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks,

Anirban