[gmx-users] Constraining two virtual sites

Sebastian Fritsch fritsch at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Mon Dec 6 18:40:36 CET 2010

Hi again,

unfortunately I would need the constraint for a large number of molecules, say ~1000 i.e. 2000 vsites representing a few atoms each.
The constraint length should however be the same for each molecule.

Assigning groups for each constraint group would not be possible due to the group limit I guess.
The do_constraint function in pull.c does not look too complicated, do you think it would be reasonable to adapt it a bit and call it
from some function like calc_bonds which comes after vsite construct and before vsite spread? The constraint forces in my case should be
be completely determined by the vsites, or am I wrong? Is there an easier solution?

Thank you,
Sebastian