[gmx-users] "Atomtype OW not found"

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Dec 22 17:01:35 CET 2010

shikha agarwal wrote:
> I m doning membrane protein simulation , in POPE environment using this
> tutorial
>
> http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/membrane_protein/03_solvate.html
>
> when I run  command:
> grompp -f minim.mdp -c pope.gro -p topol_pope.top -o em.tpr
>
> I always facing  this error
> "Atomtype OW not found"
>
> help me !

Without significantly more information, no one can.  You've badly mangled the
topology, such that the #include statement for your water topology is either
missing, mis-formatted, or subject to some conditional that you may or may not
know you're setting.

If you want advice that's not so vague, please cut and paste the last few lines
of your topology (.top), including anything you've modified.

-Justin

> with regards:
> shikha agarwal
> IIIT-A