[gmx-users] dssp problem

mustafa bilsel mfbilsel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 13:03:08 CET 2010

Hi Justin,
maybe I am making a mistake with installation. What I am doing is this:
I am creating a diretory called DSSP, then I write

rsync -avz rsync://rsync.cmbi.ru.nl/dssp/ /home/m/DSSP/

on the terminal, and then file transfer starts. Then I write export
DSSP=/home/m/DSSP/dssp (pointing the exe file).
In above procedures there is NO INSTALLATION. If any installation  is
required?

Another important thing is that I couldn't copy dssp to anywhere with copy
dssp /..... command, but I can do it cp -r dssp /....
It means that dssp isnot a file, it seems a folder. And I also see
uncompressed zip explanation near the dssp.

I have written axactly what I did so far. Maybe it will help you to
understand the mistake.

Thank you for your kind interests

best wishes
Mustafa