[gmx-users] dssp problem

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat Dec 25 13:45:55 CET 2010

On 25/12/2010 11:03 PM, mustafa bilsel wrote:
> Hi Justin,
> maybe I am making a mistake with installation. What I am doing is this:
> I am creating a diretory called DSSP, then I write
> rsync -avz rsync://rsync.cmbi.ru.nl/dssp/  <http://rsync.cmbi.ru.nl/dssp/>  /home/m/DSSP/
>

> on the terminal, and then file transfer starts. Then I write export
> DSSP=/home/m/DSSP/dssp (pointing the exe file).
> In above procedures there is NO INSTALLATION. If any installation  is
> required?

We don't support DSSP. Please read their instructions and follow them.
If you can't follow them, please communicate the problem to them so they
can fix it.

> Another important thing is that I couldn't copy dssp to anywhere with
> copy dssp /..... command, but I can do it cp -r dssp /....
> It means that dssp isnot a file, it seems a folder. And I also see
> uncompressed zip explanation near the dssp.

OK, so if it's a folder, open it and look for the executable  to work
out its fully-qualified name...

> I have written axactly what I did so far.

No, you've used some frustrating ellipses, instead of copying and
pasting from your terminal, thereby leaving us the option of presuming
you've done something wrong.

Mark