[gmx-users] Free energy

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Wed Dec 29 21:01:08 CET 2010

In addition to Justin's comments, check your convergence with block
averaging. Is there a systematic energy drift as you increase the
amount of sampling prior to each block? Also, try applying your method
to Na+ and Cl- in a box of water. If you can't get that free energy
correctly, then you certainly cannot get the free energy you are
looking at given the method and amount of sampling. Finally, check on
your ions. You've got a lot of them, so chances are that they exist
near the binding site in some of your simulations. Have you converged
the ion distribution? This can be harder than you expect.

Chris.