[gmx-users] grompp in GROMACS 4

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Feb 4 21:58:10 CET 2010

edmund lee wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am new in Gromacs 4.0.7 before this I was using the GROMACS 3.3.3.....
> I have some doubt in the grompp commands when i want to run in parallel
>
> In Gromacs 3, I just use:
>
> grompp_mpi -v -f _ _ _ -np 4
> then,
>
> mdrun_mpi -v -f -deffnm -np 4
>
> but in Gromacs 4, I cant use 4 nodes in grompp in order to prepare tpr file for 4 nodes to be used in mdrun_mpi....
> there is no option -np in grompp and grompp_mpi
>
> Is it there is change in the command?
>
> or is due to other problems?
>
> THANKS.....

You posted this message already, and received two replies, one of which pointed
you to a web link with a very clear solution:

http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2010-February/048593.html

And you can always check the options of every command with "-h", i.e.:

grompp -h

should give you some very obvious information.

> Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.
> <https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969>

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar