[gmx-users] problems in setup the protein+ membrane

chiloo777 777 chiloo777 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 10:47:59 CET 2010

So, I've changed forcefield from ffG53a6 to ffgmx, the errors are as
following lines.
Please suggest me, how can i remove such errors.

Thanks
Jit

Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'title'
Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'cpp'

Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.2#
checking input for internal consistency...
processing topology...
Opening library file /usr/local/gromacs/share/top/ffgmxnb.itp
Opening library file /usr/local/gromacs/share/top/ffgmxbon.itp
Opening library file /usr/local/gromacs/share/top/ff_dum.itp
Generated 1174 of the 2016 non-bonded parameter combinations

ERROR 1 [file /DATA/jit/ff53a6/pope.itp, line 234]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

Excluding 3 bonded neighbours molecule type 'Protein_A'
Excluding 3 bonded neighbours molecule type 'POPE'
Excluding 3 bonded neighbours molecule type 'DPOPG'
Excluding 3 bonded neighbours molecule type 'LPOPG'
Excluding 2 bonded neighbours molecule type 'SOL'
Excluding 1 bonded neighbours molecule type 'Na'

NOTE 1 [file ../topol.top, line 2359]:
  System has non-zero total charge: 2.600001e+01

processing coordinates...
double-checking input for internal consistency...
renumbering atomtypes...
converting bonded parameters...

There was 1 note

Program grompp, VERSION 4.0.7
Source code file: grompp.c, line: 986

Fatal error:
There was 1 error in input file(s)

"Disturb the Peace of a John Q Citizen" (Urban Dance Squad)

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Mark Abraham <Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au> wrote:
> On 12/02/10 18:17, chiloo777 777 wrote:
>>
>> If this problem comes from the mismatch forcefield, That mean i should
>> change forcefield from ffG53a6 to ffgmx, or find popg.itp (which is
>> matched with ffG53a6), right?
>
> Standard procedure is to choose a forcefield that is known to be able to
> model the kind of system you're working on before you do anything else :-)
>
> Mark

>>> You're using ffG53a6, per my tutorial, but then if you look within
>>> popg.itp,
>>> you'll find atom type HO, which is not a recognized type within 53a6 (it
>>> is
>>> for ffgmx).  The proper type is H.  The other warnings are probably due