[gmx-users] problems in setup the protein+ membrane

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Feb 12 12:50:53 CET 2010

chiloo777 777 wrote:
> So, I've changed forcefield from ffG53a6 to ffgmx, the errors are as
> following lines.
> Please suggest me, how can i remove such errors.

Well, an arbitrary change to a deprecated force field just to get around a
simple atom type mismatch may or may not be the best way to handle things...be
sure you can justify your use of this outdated force field.  If your
justification is "to make errors go away," be sure you're ready for reviewer
criticism.  There have been many lively and informative debates over this list
(some in recent weeks) about which parameter sets should and should not be used
for membrane protein simulation, so I would encourage you to do a few minutes of
searching in the archives.

> Thanks
> Jit
>
> Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'title'
> Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'cpp'
>
> Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.2#
> checking input for internal consistency...
> processing topology...
> Opening library file /usr/local/gromacs/share/top/ffgmxnb.itp
> Opening library file /usr/local/gromacs/share/top/ffgmxbon.itp
> Opening library file /usr/local/gromacs/share/top/ff_dum.itp
> Generated 1174 of the 2016 non-bonded parameter combinations
>
> ERROR 1 [file /DATA/jit/ff53a6/pope.itp, line 234]:
>   No default Proper Dih. types

As I said before, look up what's on this line, see what atoms it corresponds to,
and try to figure out why the error is coming up.  The line number in the file
is even printed for you, you just have to map back which atoms are affected.

-Justin