[gmx-users] undesired aggregation

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 16 15:13:29 CET 2010

Hi,

This subject is extremely sensitive to force field and simulation accuracy.
The small forces driving aggregation are the result of many, large counteracting forces.
Force fields often give the right behavior, but nearly never at the correct temperature
unless they have been explicitly parametrized for this.

I would not expect the Gromos force field to behave too badly though,
since it has been parametrized to reproduce partitioning between water and cyclohexane.

What are your cut-off's and electrostatics settings?

Berk