[gmx-users] Added Residue Name [ HFL ] in ffgmx.rtp, still have err message says

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jan 6 23:18:02 CET 2010

On 1/6/10 5:05 PM, Feng Xu wrote:
> Fatal error:
> Residue'HFL'  not found in residue topology database
>
> the portion of ffgmax.rtp file relevant is:

If you have a file called "ffgmax.rtp", then none of the changes you made are
going to be applied, since pdb2gmx is expecting ffgmx* files.  The reason I say
this is because your example works quite perfectly for me using the .rtp entry
and .pdb file you've posted.

> [ HFL ]
>     [ atoms ]
>       HHF   HHF   0.725     0
>       FHF   FHF   0.725     0

Some unsolicited advice: surely you want a negative charge on the fluorine, and
a bond between these two atoms, correct?

> [ HIS1 ]
>
> Atom types HHF and FHF are also defined in relevant .atp file.
>
> and a simple HF.pdb file is :
>
>   ATOM      1  HHF HFL     1       0.000   0.000   0.000  1.00  0.00
>   ATOM      2  FHF  HFL     1       0.091   0.000   0.000  1.00  0.00
>   ATOM      3  HHF HFL     2       0.291   0.000   0.000  1.00  0.00
>   ATOM      4  FHF  HFL     2       0.291   0.091   0.000  1.00  0.00

Maybe there is an issue with spacing?  PDB format is fixed, and the spacing
between your atom names and residue names is not correct on all lines (assuming
this is not just some weird behavior of my email client, but it does appear
incorrect using a fixed-format font.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate