[gmx-users] Ammonia in Water

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jan 15 17:26:11 CET 2010

nishap.patel at utoronto.ca wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I created a topology file for 1 ammonia in water. Could someone
> please have a look at the file and let me know if it looks okay.

With a fractional charge of +0.38, I'd say these parameters (at least as far as
the charges) are inappropriate.  The only way to determine if parameters are
appropriate is to derive them in a manner consistent with the original force
field.  This is not a trivial task.  Consult the list archive and Gromacs wiki
for tips.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate