[gmx-users] dynamic cross correlation map (DCCM)

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:23:30 CET 2010

Hi,

Well I'd say that 'DCCM' refers to the matrix (map) of correlations
and not to that of covariances. More specifically, it refers to
correlations of positional fluctuations. PCA, on the other hand,
refers to the extraction of components or axes which better describe
the data than the original axes do, not specifying what kind of data,
nor whether correlations or covariances be used for their
determination. That's quite a distinction.
g_covar gives the covariance matrix, not the correlation matrix. I
believe there was a modified version in the contributions section
which was able to compute correlations.

Cheers,

Tsjerk