AW: [gmx-users] Implicit Solvent

Hans HEINDL hheindl at terra.es
Thu Jan 21 17:54:12 CET 2010

Hola Deisy,

I have used the implicit solvent which is built into mdrun-openmm. It works
well: but there are some setbacks:
1. As far as I know it has only been tested with the amber 99 forcefield
port for mdrun-openmm. (see http://chemistry.csulb.edu/ffamber/ )
and there is no easy way to do a position restraint in mdrun-openmm. I have
compared the results of mdrun-openmm using the amber99 ff
to a simulation suing sander and the results look well at a first glance

Hans