[gmx-users] CONSTRAINED SIMULATIONS

Giuseppe Pellicane gpellicane at unime.it
Sun Jan 24 18:59:59 CET 2010

Chris:

you're right man, let me be more concise.

Here there is the execution line I used:

 mpiexec -n $NSLOTS mdrun_mpi -np 1 -v -s start_res.tpr -o output_res -c
output_conf -pi pull.ppa -pn mdgrp1.ndx -po pullout -pdo pullout1 *

As for the pull.ppa file, here you go:

; GENERAL
verbose                  = no
Skip steps               = 1
; Runtype: afm, constraint, umbrella
runtype                  = constraint
; Groups to be pulled
group_1                  = protein_a
; The group for the reaction force.
reference_group          = protein_b
; Weights for all atoms in each group (default all 1)
weights_1                =
weights_2                =
weights_3                =
weights_4                =
reference_weights        =
; Ref. type: com, com_t0, dynamic, dynamic_t0
reftype                  = com_t0
; Use running average for reflag steps for com calculation
reflag                   = 1
; Select components for the pull vector. default: Y Y Y
pulldim                  = Y Y Y
; DYNAMIC REFERENCE GROUP OPTIONS
; Cylinder radius for dynamic reaction force groups (nm)
r                        = 1
; Switch from r to rc in case of dynamic reaction force
rc                       = 1.2
; Update frequency for dynamic reference groups (steps)
update                   = 1

; CONSTRAINT RUN OPTIONS
; Direction, default: 0 0 0, no direction
constraint_direction     = 1.0 1.0 1.0
; Rate of chance of the constraint length, in nm/ps
;constraint_rate          = 0.0
; Tolerance of constraints, in nm
constraint_tolerance     = 1e-06

Thank you for your patience.

Giuseppe

PS: I used the correct files to start the run again and I also visualized
the configurations: thus, the pulled protein has moved for real (while
it should be stuck at the initial point!).