[gmx-users] protein stability as a dimer

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 1 14:02:15 CEST 2010

sonali dhindwal wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Sorry for the mistake, I wrote 0.1 ns in
> "still there are more fluctuations but and it decreses again to 0.28 nm
> at 0.1 ns."
> it is 1 ns instead, I ran the simulation for 1ns.

I still would call that a fluctuation, and nothing abnormal.

> I have put the job to run for 1 more ns, so may be there I could analyse
> something as u said.

Here's a tip - plan your timeframe before starting your simulation so you're not
guessing.  2 ns is likely insufficient to convergence of many properties of a
large system as well.  Maybe RMSD, but other more sensitive properties maybe
not.  What does the literature tell you about the length of similar systems?

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar