[gmx-users] wrong charge assignment(?) on ATP in rtp file

chiba.s.ac chiba.s.ac at m.titech.ac.jp
Wed Jul 7 20:31:59 CEST 2010

Dear Chris,

I really appreciate your comment.

> Can you provide a reference for the idea that the charge groups must have integer charge?

I actually do not have any critical literature for the idea of “whole number rule”;
1) In the item of “Charge group” of the “GROMACS USER MANUAL, ver.4” in chapter 3, a charge group is described as follow “A charge group is a small set of nearby atoms with an integer net charge.”
2) So far, I have not seen decimal total group charges.

Hence I had thought that the rule is an algorithm requirement or an empirically obtained criterion or something.  It seems that I do not need to care about decimal total group charges as I am planning to use PME.

> Can you find the original reference for the G53a6 ATP parameters?

Unfortunately I could not find the original paper.  It is also unavailable who made the parameter when and how.  If you have information about the parameters, could you please let me know?

Best regards,
Shuntaro.