[gmx-users] how to determine the box size

jojo J joojoojooon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 04:59:22 CEST 2010

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your reply. AS for the steps you mentioned to solvate a
molecule: I have a simple molecule replicated by genconf -nbox in one
direction. When I try to energy minimize this single molecule grompp em
gives error: rlist is longer than half box size or longer than shortest
diagnal boz size... I increase the size and everything is fine but can you
please tell me what is the criterion to specify the size. Does boxsize
affect results in MD? ( I am asking this because if I want to use genconf to
replicate this molecule which is in a large boxzise the final size of the
system can become very large so I have to use  editconf to reduce the size
again)

Also sometimes some parts of the molcule in the box are outside the box when
I see the trajectory (ngmx) at the beginning.. and I think because of the
pbc it jups inthebox from the otherside. Should the particle be entirely in
box at the beginning?

Thanks,