[gmx-users] pdb2gmx with DNA

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Jul 11 00:11:35 CEST 2010

I think there have been changes to the way pdb2gmx handles termini, perhaps
related to the impending inclusion of the ffamber ports, but I do not know.  I
worked with someone else with this issue, and it was solved by renaming
residues, which seems like a terrible solution.  I guess your DNA is being
interpreted as protein, which certainly isn't correct.

I would suggest filing a bugzilla for this; in theory, pdb2gmx should handle DNA
and protein seamlessly, but something seems to be mishandled here.

-Justin

Patargias, George wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks, I thought so too.
>
> My command line is: pdb2gmx -f xxx.pdb file   The -ter flag is set to default, i.e. charged termini.
>
> When I use the -ter flag for interactive termini selection and I select NONE for both N- and C-ter
> the message becomes:
>
> Program pdb2gmx, VERSION 4.0.99-dev-2010-07-07 08:35:28 -0700-7cbc3b9-dirty
> Source code file: pdb2top.c, line: 887
>
> Fatal error:
> There is a dangling bond at at least one of the terminal ends. Select a proper terminal entry.
>
> Best
> George

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate