[gmx-users] g_rdf

Sanku M msanku65 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 04:01:18 CEST 2010

Hi,
  I was trying to use g_rdf to calculate radial distribution function g(r)
between lipid tails and a peptide close to membrane. What I find is that the
g(r) never goes to 1 at long distance. It is less than 1 at long distance .
My general question is : Is it always necessary that g(r) between two particles
should always be expected to  converge to 1 at long distance ? Or,is  it  true
that it may be quite possible that g(r) can be smaller than 1 even at longer
separation for two objects  ?

If someone can clarify my confusion, that will be great.

Sanku