[gmx-users] switching off electrostatics

Moeed lecielll at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 23 05:04:28 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am a hydrocarbon system consisting of a polyethylene and alkane ( only H
and C). I wanted to know how I Can switch off electrostatic term in mdp
file. When I delete coulombtype from mdp grompp gives an error:
when using cutoff r coulomb  must be greatrer than rlist?

Also I have noticed using shift functions for vdw and electro reduces
simulation time significantly as compared to cutoff! Why is that happening?

Thanks

--
Moeed Shahamat
Graduate Student (Materials Modeling Research Group)