[gmx-users] Re: QMMM cpmd

stefhoor fabracht1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:02:30 CEST 2010

Hi Christian, that's a pity, isn't it? I don't think I will use this
ancient version of gromacs. It is actually quite hard to use QM/MM
with gromacs, I've tried to compile with mopac, and failed. I still
don't know what the problem is. Gerrit answered my email saying u
should link everything with g2c and I still don't have a clue what he
meant with that. Gamess-UK is paid, and I am not willing to pay for
something if I don't even know if I will be able to compile with
gromacs. Same thing for Gaussian. ORCA has no support for lam-mpi, and
I don't know if I can hold two versions of mpi on my computers.
I would really appreciate some suggestion know. I need to model an
enzymatic reaction and was planning to do it using QM/MM. Actually, I
am still planning, but I need just a bit of, let's say, guidance,
right now.
Thank you in advance