[gmx-users] Visualizing of a peptide in a water box - using trjconv

Birgit Hischenhuber birgit.hischenhuber at meduniwien.ac.at
Tue Jun 1 16:24:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

I simulate a peptide in a water box with some ions to get a neutral
solution. I want to visualize the peptide in the water box.

I want that the peptide is in the center of the box, but also have a look at
the water.

Therefore I tried two things:

trjconv -f a.trr -o b.xtc -s c.tpr -skip 10 -pbc mol -ur compact -center
-fit progressive

Visualizing it with VMD I see the peptide centering in the middle of the
box, but the water get during the time holes.

So I checked the mailing list and find some inputs and tried it with two
steps:

trjconv -f a.trr -o b.xtc -s c.tpr -pbc mol -ur compact

trjconv -f b.xtc -o d.xtc -s c.tpr -skip 10 -center -fit progressive

at this try I get a peptide in the center of the box and during the time the
pepide moves to the edge of the box and I consider that the box rotate
around the peptide.

Is there a possibility that my peptide stays in the center of the box and
the water doesn't get any holes?

Thanks a lot for your helps!

---

DI Birgit Hischenhuber

Unit for Medical Statistics and Informatics

Section for Biomedical Computersimulation and Bioinformatics