[gmx-users] I know about improper dihedrals (i.e. gi_1) , etc. Is there a way to keep phenyl rings absolutely flat.

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 09:27:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

Mind not to set force constants too high, as they will introduce high
frequency motions, high speeds, and decreased stability. Indeed,
absolute flatness need not be required. Phenyl rings naturally come
with out of plane motions. Is there reason to believe that the extent
of the deformations is too large, or is there a consistent
non-planarity?

Cheers,

Tsjerk