[gmx-users] taking snapshots of the protein after simulation

Hassan Shallal hshallal at PACIFIC.EDU
Sat Jun 5 05:13:45 CEST 2010

Dear Gromacs users,

I have had one of my studied proteins simulated in a 5 ns production.
Now, I wonder how can I get, let's say, 100 coordinates files, each file represent the coordinates of the protein at certain time during the simulation, for example, each 50 ps OR.. What if I want these 100 files to represent the most stable and least energetic conformations of the protein during this 5 ns simulation independent of which time they represent... I know that VMD can be used for that but I am not quite sure how I can do it...

Any hint or link or tutorial would be fully appreciated...

Thanks
Hassan Shallal
UOP