[gmx-users] implementing a pulsed, time-dependent electric field in gromacs

fangyong yan fay4fang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 11:04:09 CEST 2010

Dear all:

After I read the paper, "Picosecond Melting of Ice by an Infrared Laser
Pulse: A Simulation Study" (Carl Caleman and David van der Spoel, Angew.
Chem. Int. Ed., 2008, 47, 1417-1420), I decided to implement a
time-dependent electric field on my simulation system. But when I read the
gromacs manual I found it hasn't been implemented in gromacs yet. So may I
ask is it possible to apply a pulsed, time-dependent electric field in the
newest version of gromacs?

Thank you!

Fangyong