[gmx-users] PBC

Sai Kumar Ramadugu sramadugu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 19:26:46 CEST 2010

Hi Morteza,
  I had this problem when I was running a trimeric protein attached to an
oligosaccharide.

*I have used the following command:*

* *

*trjconv  -s .tpr -f .xtc -o   -boxcenter tric -pbc mol*

* *

*but it is not working.*

Do the following. It worked for me.

In the first round, run

trjconv -f *.xtc -s *.tpr -center -boxcenter tric -pbc mol -o 1.xtc

and choose backbone (which is usually 4 from the index) for centring.

In the second round,

use 1.xtc obtained from the first step and run the command as follows

trjconv -f 1.xtc -s *.tpr -center -boxcenter tric -pbc a -o 2.xtc

and this time also choose the backbone for centring.

This should bring back the dimeric protein system in the box. Sometimes the
water molecules around the edge are broken. Hope this is not a big worry.

By the way is your box cubic or truncated octahedron?

My case was a cubic box.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sai