[gmx-users] Non-conservation of total energy while using structure file to resume the simulation

Dmitri Dubov ddubov at ngs.ru
Wed Jun 9 12:04:07 CEST 2010

Hi, Tsjerk.

Thanks for your help.

> Try

> editconf -f your_run_input_file.tpr -o test.gro

> to see if the box is stored correctly in the .tpr. Alternatively, you
> can do gmxdump -s your_run_input_file.tpr, and browse for the box in
> the output.
Yea, both tests show "zero" box right in .tpr file!

> Then, see if you can reproduce the problem with the last
> frame of the .trr file extracted,
I'm afraid I cannot do it quickly...
For the future: I used double-precision mode,
how much should be the precision (-ndec) of the extracted frame?

> and consider submitting a bugzilla.
Sure.

> Cheers,

> Tsjerk

> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Dmitri Dubov <ddubov at ngs.ru> wrote:
>> First, sorry for the revival of this thread so late (maybe it should be
>> better to start a new one).

>>> OK. Presumably some more cunning choice of .mdp options would work,

>>> or using grompp, tbconv -extend and then mdrun.

>>> Mark

--
Regards,
 Dmitri