[gmx-users] redundancies in the .itp file

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jun 16 21:35:34 CEST 2010

Víctor Bahamonde wrote:

> yes, all angles and dihedrals are present but wath I mean is for example the sp2
> carbon of carbonate ion, I only need 2 angles to completely describe the
> in-plane motion of the 3 oxygen atoms. Is correct to include all three in
> plane coordinates?, What possible differences in the result from the MD calculation
> could be between one or the other situation?.

I think you need all three.  In theory, by defining two, the third should be set
because the geometry is fixed, but I think it will depend on whether or not
you're using constraints or a flexible model.  By defining all the angles
explicitly, you leave nothing to chance.

-Justin

> Thanks in advance!
>

>  > Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:52:32 +0200
>  > From: spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
>  > To: gmx-users at gromacs.org
>  > Subject: Re: [gmx-users] redundancies in the .itp file
>  >
>  > On 2010-06-16 00.50, Víctor Bahamonde wrote:
>  > > Dear users
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > I have created a .itp file with the program TopolGen, published in the
>  > > website of GROMACS. to review the angles, I see that there are
>  > > redundancies. This will affect the results of molecular dynamics
>  > > calculation?. What should I do with them? (delete?)
>  > Yes. You have to review any such topology carefully. Please check
>  > whether all angles and dihedrals (in particular impropers) are present
>  > as well.
>  > > Thanks in advance!
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > Ahora Hotmail es un 70% más veloz. Acceder a tu casilla nunca fue tan
>  > > rápido. Ver más <http://www.descubrehotmail.com/velocidad.asp >
>  > >
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > David van der Spoel, Ph.D., Professor of Biology
>  > Dept. of Cell & Molec. Biol., Uppsala University.
>  > Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone: +46184714205.
>  > spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se http://folding.bmc.uu.se
>  > --
>  > gmx-users mailing list gmx-users at gromacs.org
>  > Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/search before
> posting!
>  > Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>  > www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
>  > Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php

> Acceder a tu casilla ahora es mucho más rápido. Ahora Hotmail es un 70%
> más veloz. Conoce más <http://www.descubrehotmail.com/velocidad.asp >

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar