[gmx-users] constraints bond length vari by 10%

Sebastian Waltz sebastian.waltz at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jun 17 10:58:16 CEST 2010

Hi,

I did read the Documentation 5 times now, but I still not
get is what the shake_tol does tell me. I tried it with 10
values and can't figure out what it does. My CO bonds are
constraint. Otherwise I would have bigger variations of the
bond length. My .mdp file looks like this

constraints         = none
constraint_algorithm= shake
shake_tol           = 0.000005
unconstrained_start = no

My question is more how I can constrain the bond length
such that they vary only by a factor of +/- 0.0001.

Thanks